20140218

Improv Life

I don't want to pretend that everything is about improvisation. But I don't want to pretend that I don't try to live like it is. So if we approach life like a very big improvisation we find the following:

We don't worry about our age because all we care about is the moment.

We don't plan ahead because what we need in the moment starts appearing in the moment. This is the development of intuition.

We don't think back to the past because if you think about it you will have to admit that the past is entirely scripted from the point of view of the present!

These three things are life-changing. As a result of this improv way of life I have friends of every age, work with students of every age, find opportunities coming to me in the moment to express myself, to teach, to consult, to reflect, to write. I have nothing to gain from thinking of my past as fixed or given (script) so I am continuously reinventing my past moment by moment.

I love my improv life and would never go back to normal life. How do you live the improv life?

May the pulse be with you!

Abhay

No comments: