20160714

I quit my teaching job at the university today. I could feel the pulse again as soon as I had turned in my resignation, packed my stuff, and left.

I realize that much of modern life, work and school, are about straying away from the pulse and following predetermined structures. Rules. Expectations. Even the so-called creative fields are industrial fields of coercion.

Life is a garden, not an industrial field. I can already smell the rose buds in my neighborhood. But when I tell people, hey guys, I just quit! they look at me all weird. Why is this guy looking happy? Shouldn't he feel miserable?

I have been laughing when that happens. That is because the contrast between what I am experiencing (unbridled joy of connection to the pulse) and what they are expecting me to experience (regret and fear) is so unfathomably great that an explosion of laughter is the only thing that can do the situation justice.

Fear not my friends, you can do it too! Just quit your job and follow the pulse.

May the pulse be with you!

Abhay

No comments: